If you’re looking for a budget-friendly golf rangefinder, you’re in luck. We’ve compiled a list of the five best budget golf rangefinder options under $200.
From basic features to advanced technology like slope function, you’ve got options. Whether you’re just getting started with golf or you’re an experienced player looking to improve your handicap, one of these devices is sure to help you up your game. Read on for our top picks.
What is the Best Budget Golf Rangefinder Under $200?
1. Callaway 300 Pro Slope
Callaway 300 Pro Slope
Great accuracy, with advanced features like slope technology and pin locking make this our top pick in the budget rangefinder category.
The Callaway 300 Pro Slope Golf Rangefinder is quickly becoming recognized as the best budget golf rangefinder on the market.
This rangefinder allows players to quickly and accurately measure yardage on the course. Its patented Slope Switch technology uses complex algorithms to adjust measurements based on uphill or downhill slopes.
It is small and lightweight, making it easy to carry around with you wherever you go. For those that are looking for the best in accurate golf rangefinders at a price-friendly budget, Callaway’s 300 Pro Slope Golf Rangefinder offers all the features desired at an unbeatable price.
- Weight: 5.4 oz
- Size: 4 ” x 2.7″ x 1.4″
- 6x magnification; Range: 5-1000 yards
- Slope Switch Technology: Device measures angle of incline/decline then calculates the slope adjusted distance.
- Pin Lock Feature: P.A.T (Pin Acquisition) with Pulse Technology, delivers a short vibration when locked onto pin
- Scan landscape to acquire multiple targets
- Measure in Yards or Meters
- Superior accurate readings (+/– 1 Yard)
- Water/Fog Proof
- Legal for Tournament Play (easily disable Slope via external on/off switch)
- Premium Molded Hard Carry Case with carabiner and elastic “quick-close” band
- Built in magnet
At the time of publish, the Callaway 300 Pro Slope Rangefinder is priced at $199.99 on Amazon.
What I Like/Dislike About the Callaway 300 Pro Slope Rangefinder:
- One of the most accurate rangefinders available
- Comes with features seen in more expensive price points, like slope switch technology and pin locking.
- Lightweight design
- At the higher end of the under $200 price range
The Callaway 300 Pro Slope golf rangefinder is an outstanding choice when it comes best budget golf rangefinders.
This device allows golfers to easily determine their best shot with slope-adjusted measurements without having to break the bank.
It also offers a host of other useful features, allowing you to track your total shots, measure the distance of any target, and view great visuals from a variety of perspectives. With its slope compensation technology, pin lock feature, and outstanding accuracy, the Callaway 300 Pro Slope is one of the best pieces of golf equipment for serious players who want to perfect their game but may not have extra cash to spend on more expensive rangefinders.
All of this makes a feature-rich combination for the price with reliable accuracy, making it our top pick for best budget golf rangefinders under $200.
2. Gogogo Sport VPro Laser Rangefinder
Gogogo Sport VPro Laser Rangefinder
With so many features packed in at an incredible price point, it’s hard to overlook this rangefinder.
Our runner-up for best budget golf rangefinder, the Gogogo Sport VPro laser rangefinder is a fantastic tool for golfers looking to accurately measure their distances between the tee and the green.
It features 6x magnification, which allows golfers to get precise readings each time. Furthermore, it’s equipped with Flaglock Technology and Angle Intelligence, allowing it to automatically adjust its display based on the exact angle of view. The accuracy of this rangefinder is impressive.
The design itself is also quite impressive; its ergonomic grip ensures a secure hold while being easy on the eyes as well.
Above all, it is one of the best cheap golf rangefinders on the market. With solid performance and an affordable price point, there isn’t much more one could hope for in a budget rangefinder.
- High-precision distance measurement.
- Integrates latest functions such as continuous range readings, ARC (angle range compensation), pin seeker technology and flag lock vibration (vibrates when the flagpole is locked) and speed measuring.
- Measuring range from 5 to 650 yards, with +/- 1m high accuracy and 6x magnification.
- Flag lock technology that supports a distance up to 150 yards (Flagpole only) and 250 yards (aim the flag when it’s unfolded).
- 1-year warranty
At time of publish, pricing is $99.99 on Amazon.
What I Like/Dislike About the Gogogo Sport VPro Laser Rangefinder
- Slope Technology
- Flag Lock Technology
- Built in magnet to stick to golf cart
- Runs on AAA batteries (not included)
- Not as accurate in rainy or foggy weather
- Batteries not included
The Gogogo Sport VPro Laser Rangefinder is an affordable golf rangefinder that comes packed with features. For the price, we haven’t found a better deal.
It uses a combination of pin seeker technology and Jolt Technology to make sure measurements are accurate, and its 6X magnification ensures crystal clear visibility. Add in slope features and distance measurement up to 650 yards, this has everything a golfer needs to improve their distance readings on the course.
It was hard to find something we didn’t like about this budget rangefinder. But minor downsides are less accurate readings in adverse weather, and also that batteries aren’t included. So if you’re looking to use this rangefinder immediately out of the box, be sure to have some AAA batteries on hand.
When compared to other golf rangefinders on the market, the Gogogo Sport VPro provides a great value for golf players that don’t want to break the bank.
3. Precision Pro NX7 Golf Rangefinder
Precision Pro NX7 Golf Rangefinder
Competitive features and stability make this great choice for any golfer, but especially those with shaky hands.
The Precision Pro NX7 Golf Rangefinder is an excellent choice for the budget-minded, serious golfer.
It offers superior performance with pinpoint accuracy, allowing you to measure the true distance between you and your target. It features a sophisticated Slope Technology which helps to consider factors like elevation changes so you can see the adjusted yardage before shooting for the pin.
With its low price tag and advanced laser-based measuring capabilities, it truly is one of the best budget rangefinders available today.
Whether you are a beginner or an experienced golfer looking for ways to improve your accuracy, the Precision Pro NX7 Golf Rangefinder is definitely on the list of the best tools to have in your golf bag.
- Adaptive Slope Technology: Engineered to provide accurate distances on sloped or flat surfaces.
- The slope function can be easily turned off for legal tournament play with the slide of a button.
- Optics: Crystal clear optics and 6X magnification
- Range: 650+ yards
- Displays 1-yard measurements, and can be set for meters or yards. It is accurate to one yard and delivers a short vibration when you shoot the target.
- 90 day no questions asked returns, 2-Year Warranty
At the time of publish, the pricing is $199.99 on Amazon.
What I Like/Dislike About The Precision Pro NX7 Golf Rangefinder
- Adaptive slope technology helps get an accurate distance measurements, and aids in selecting the right club for your shot.
- Range of 650+ yards is on par with most other rangefinders in this category
- The steadiness of this model is forgiving for those with shaky hands
- Includes a battery and case
- Company was founded by golfers and offers strong customer service terms, including 90 days for no-questions-asked returns and a 2 year warranty.
- No magnet to attach the rangefinder to a golf cart
- Priced at the top of the budget range
There’s a lot to like about this rangefinder, making it one of the best budget rangefinders in the category.
Users report great accuracy in measurement, especially at distances up to 300 yards. The range of features in this model really leaves nothing to be desired in a starter rangefinder, especially for a mid-handicap golfer on a budget.
The biggest downside I found was the lack of built in magnet that other models have. This means you can’t attach it to the frame of a golf cart (for easy access) without adding some type of external magnet. But, that detail is overcome by the ease of use, accurate measurements, and performance of this Precision Pro golf rangefinder.
4. Blue Tees Series 2 Pro Laser Rangefinder with Slope
Blue Tees Series 2 Pro Laser Rangefinder with Slope
With measurement up to 800 yards, slope function and flag lock, this model is loaded with features for the price.
Golfers looking to improve their game are sure to be impressed by the features of the Blue Tees Series 2 Pro Laser Rangefinder.
This precise device can accurately measure the distances between golfers and objects on the course up to 800 yards away, which is farther than some of the other rangefinders in this category.
Not only does it bring a more accurate experience your golf game, but it’s feature rich – with slope technology, flag lock and pulse vibration. It’s water resistant and small enough to fit in any pocket or bag.
The Blue Tees Series 2 Pro Laser Rangefinder is an excellent companion out on the course, providing golfers with reliable help to select the right club for the perfect shot.
At time of publish, pricing is $199.96 on Amazon.
- SLOPE SWITCH: Pro-level technology takes the guesswork out of club selection. Distance is adjusted based on the incline/decline for “True Distance”. Tournament Legal.
- FLAG LOCK + PULSE VIBRATION: Series 2 Pro emits short vibrating pulses to confirm it has locked onto your target, not what’s behind it.
- 800 YARD RANGE: Tour-level distance with pinpoint accuracy for an added edge to your game. Measure targets up to 800 yards away with an accuracy of +/- 1 yard.
- WATER RESISTANT: Built to withstand rain and dew, so you can play in all weather conditions.
- HD DISPLAY: Feel the course in your hands, equipped with adjustable EZ Optic Focus for an immersive HD viewing experience.
- WHAT’S IN THE BOX?: Hard shell carrying case clips onto your bag for easy accessibility, a microfiber cleaning cloth that keeps it in mint condition, and two CR2-3V batteries.
- GUARANTEE: 60 day, no-questions-asked guarantee, and a two-year manufacturer’s warranty.
What I Like/Dislike About
- Accurate up to 800 yards (+/- 1 yard)
- Slope technology
- Flag lock and pulse vibration
- The blue and white color is not only attractive, but makes it easy to keep track of it (so you don’t leave it behind in the golf cart!)
- No magnet included
Blue Tees is a strong player in the mid-priced rangefinder market. Across their selection of golf affordable rangefinders, there’s a depth of features and quality that is refreshing.
Although the Blue Tees Series Pro 2 is offered at a lower price point than some of their other models, don’t mistake this for a lack of features. From an impressive 800 yard range, to slope technology, flag lock and pulse vibration, this unit has everything you’d want in a rangefinder.
The only drawback we found with this model is lack of a built in magnet. Why does this matter? Well, some golfers prefer to attach their rangefinder to the metal frame of the golf cart for quick access at each shot. However, lack of a magnet isn’t a deal breaker in our opinion. Even without the magnet, it’s easy to keep a small and compact rangefinder nearby. Many golfers keep it in a pants pocket or golf cart cubby.
The features combined with a strong customer service guarantee makes the Series Pro 2 one of the best budget golf rangefinders available.
5. Nikon COOLSHOT 20 GII Laser Rangefinder
Nikon COOLSHOT GII Laser Rangefinder
For the golfer who wants accurate distance measurement without some the extra frills, this is an excellent option.
The Nikon COOLSHOT 20 GII Golf Rangefinder is a solid option when looking for the best budget golf rangefinder.
This entry model is compact and comes with most of the basic features a golfer would seek in a budget rangefinder. With 6x magnification and a maximum distance of 800 meters – it aids golfers in finding precise yardage measurement all the way through their game.
This model also includes a Continuous Scan Mode – which allows players to measure multiple yardages in split seconds with just one press of the button. On top of that, the First Target Priority Mode helps highlight the nearest subject among overlapping objects for precise results.
If you are looking for a golf rangefinder to provide accurate measurements, and don’t need more advanced features like slope technology, this could be the rangefinder for you.
The Nikon COOLSHOT 20 GII is an attractive rangefinder for those looking to hit better shots at a lower price point.
- Measurement range: 6-800 yds
- First Target Priority mode–useful for measuring the distance to a flagstick on a green with woods in the background
- High-quality 6x monocular with multilayer coating for bright, clear images
- Single or continuous measurement (up to 8 seconds) allows for quick, easy measurements to multiple targets
- Displays in 1-yard increments
At time of publish, this rangefinder is $196.93 on Amazon.
What I Like/Dislike About
- The First Priority Target Mode is helpful in filtering out things in the background like trees and other objects.
- Continuous Scan Mode up to 8 seconds for measurements is good for shaky hands
- 5 year warranty
- No slope function
For a budget rangefinder, there’s lots to love about the Nikon COOLSHOT 20 GII. With eight seconds of continuous measurement and First Target Priority, the process of assessing distance in all areas of the course is so much easier.
This is Nikon’s smallest, most compact rangefinder model, and good things do come in small packages. Other than lack of slope function, the COOLSHOT 20 GII has the features to guide you from the first tee-box all the way through the golf course.
If you have questions like: Is the group ahead of you within your range? Which club should you choose? How far to the flagstick? All of these are answered with this rangefinder.
Not every golfer needs or uses every feature in a rangefinder. So, if you are interested in a model to help with accurate distance measurements without all the bells and whistles, this is an excellent choice for a budget rangefinder.
What are Golf Rangefinders?
Golf rangefinders are a must-have tool for any golf enthusiast.
Rangefinders emanate laser beams to measure distances between the golfer and the target, with best budget models providing accurate measurements within just a few yards or even feet of the actual distance.
Common features of even the most basic golf rangefinder models include magnification up to 6x, illuminated display screens, and ranging capabilities up to at least 400 yards.
Those looking for greater capabilities can upgrade to models that feature digital scorekeeping and slope compensation technology, allowing players to more accurately estimate yardage on slopes. Whatever your skillset and budget, there’s likely a golf rangefinder model best equipped for you.
No matter where you are in your golf journey, a rangefinder can be a vital tool in improving your game.
There are some great options to consider when it comes to best budget golf rangefinders. Whether you’re looking for extra distance accuracy or higher speed readings, these five rangefinders provide excellent performance at an affordable price point.
From a laser model that offers fast readings to GPS devices with touchscreens for added convenience, there’s no shortage of fantastic golf gear on the market that won’t break the bank.
Deciding which rangefinder is best for your needs is an important decision – but with these best budget units in mind, you can be sure to find one that suits your game perfectly.